“Yesterday, when I was trying to create an additional partition using a third party on my external hard drive, but instead of creating a partition I have managed to delete it. What is very unfortunate is that I forgot to take the backup of the drive before performing such an operation. It cost me a lot as the deleted external hard drive partition was containing lot of essential files and folders. Now I need nothing but a perfect solution to perform deleted partition recovery from external hard drive. Please help me out to overcome this troublesome situation.”
External hard drive is one of the most preferred backup storage device for many users and is commonly used by people these days. This high capacity storage device allows users to store huge amount of data and carry them to anywhere they want. The advanced features like large storage capacity, portable nature, and high speed data transfer all makes it extremely viable for any user. And hence the external hard drives has turned out to be the first preferred choice for people to backup photos, movies, songs documents and all other file types.
Although there are plenty of features which speaks high about external hard drives. It doesn’t help to overcome data loss situations. Above mentioned scenario is one such example. A normal deletion of file or folder by mistake in system hard drive allows user to restore it from Recycle Bin. But in case of external hard drive, the file deleted using delete key will not share the space in Recycle Bin. There are various reasons that leads to deletion of partition from external hard drive. Let us roll over to that before learning how to perform deleted partition recovery from external hard drive.
Common scenarios leading to the deletion of partition from external hard drive
- Accidental deletion: There are instances where user might delete external hard drive partition instead of deleting an unwanted local hard drive partition that leads to huge data loss situations.
- Third party tools: Using incompatible tool to create a new partition or resize a partition might turn out to be the reason for corrupting your external hard drive leading to huge data loss situations. In such situations user will not be noticed with the deletion of partition, this will turn out to be a disaster.
- Virus attacks: External hard drive is vulnerable to virus attacks, connecting external hard drive to virus infected PC will attach viruses to external hard drive partition and this will lead to corruption of the drive. This makes the hard drive inaccessible, and for proceeding further user might need to format the drive causing heavy data loss situation.
- Other Reasons: Other reasons include hardware malfunctioning, improper removal of external hard drive, sudden power failure, etc.
Under these sort of situations, user might think that data is never recoverable but this is a wrong perception. Data that is considered to be deleted are not removed from the external drive permanently as if yet. By the deletion of partition, only the index pointer of partition is deleted that makes the partition inaccessible. You can recover deleted partition by using a reliable software like Partitions Recovery software. For successful recovery stop further usage of external hard drive after partition deletion.
Partitions Recovery is a professional software that is designed to restore deleted partition from external hard drive. It is compatible to perform deleted partition recovery external hard drive on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista and other versions, similarly with various versions of Mac operating system. This utility works with external hard drive that is formatted with NTFS, FAT32, FAT16, ExFAT and other file systems. This is one of the most recommended software that helps to restore corrupted hard drive.
More features of Partitions Recovery
- Extremely simple user interface of this tool makes it quite understandable even for the first time user. There is no need for expert advice to use this tool.
- The tool scans the entire external hard drive for files and folders that are lost due to deletion of partition, after completing the scanning process it safely retrieves data into the desired location as specified by the user.
- The recovered files can be sorted according to the date of modification, name of the file, size, etc.
- You can use this software to recover deleted partition form Seagate external hard drive, Toshiba, Sony, Western Digital, Kingston and other brands.